Book Review: The Younger Gods by Michael R Underwood

Book to be reviewed: The Younger Gods
Author: Michael R Underwood
Date Finished: November 28 2014
Cover:

I've had the immense pleasure of knowing the author personally, so I do my best to give all of his work at least some of my limited reading time.

I'd read the reviews on this after purchasing it and filed it away dreading the read. Mixed, indifferent reviews just had me not wanting to read this book. I'll admit it started out slow, nearly painful to read because of the lead character's personality, and speech patterns. But I'm not one to give up on a book without a fight to really try to get to the good part.

This is one of those awesome books where, if you're patient, you'll find yourself on one hell of a ride. I really needed to sleep, before a very long workweek, instead, I finished this book. The plot, storyline, characters, and constant flow of action were so engaging that I couldn't put it down until I'd finished it.

Mike, I do hope you've got more to this story up your sleeve.

--Carrie--

0 comments:

Post a Comment